Saturday, July 23, 2005

Winnipeg Triangle


satelite_triangle
Originally uploaded by radiancecreative.

If you go to maps.google.ca and go full zoom it will take you to the center. The very heart of Canada, Winnipeg Manitoba. If you zoom back a bit you see a Triangle, pointing to "The Forks". In the middle of that Triangle is a street formation that looks suspiciously like a tuning fork. Mark's place.

I met some folks from Winnipeg recently and I felt so strongly that I knew this girl named "Amber". After spending some time together I found no concrete evidence that we would have ever met so I was made conjecture toward the idea that it was possibly the "Winnipeg Vibe" that I saw around her that gave me a sense of familiarity. Al Racketti's came up and caused quite a flood of emotions in me, more on that some other time.

I love "The Forks" though I have not been there enough during the summer months for many years, the last time prehaps being Joy and Kent's Wedding in what... 92?. When I was a youth in St. Boniface (East side) the area across the river where the Assiniboine and Red meet was still CN land, not developed at all for the general public, a place we used to "hunk around" fishing, throwing stones and generally being boys. We'd also venture into the now well known "exchange district" (which was largely vacant) to climb fire escapes. So I am looking forward to sometime in the next year, being able to head on down to "The Forks" on a hot sunny Saturday afternoon.

As my understanding and awareness of reality grows, changes, matures (hopefully that's what's happening) I find that music and spirituality are merging and connecting in sooo many ways. The significance and presence of vibration in the existence of the Universe is something that can tie things together, things that when viewed with a mechanistic, "hard particle" paradigm seem to fall apart, actually harmonize beautifully when viewed and "felt" with an awareness of vibration.

I was holding on og my X-88 templates (made form solid pine) the other day and I held it up to my ear and tapped it in different places. Wow, the harmonic overtone series is right there. It's EVERYWHERE. Yes I've been neglecting the X-88 guitar DNA paradigm, so hopefully I will create more time for that in the next while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home