Monday, November 13, 2006

Emo Barn, God's Children and parcs francophone

emo_barn

This is a painting by my Grandma, Lydia Penner, of Ducharme's Barn just outside of Emo. I think it was done in 1973 during one of her visits. Mark reminded me that on that day we all painted a version of the barn. This is by far the most memorable as it hung in our house for years. The barn was abandoned but a favorite hang out for Emo kids.


no_creed_no_color

These are a few items I brought home from Lydia's apartment. 2 very old match books one from the Flin Flon Hotel, one of Wes Penner's paintings and a beautiful saying which graced the top right hand side of her fridge. Interestingly when I removed this from her fridge after her death, I learned that it had been placed there to cover up a dark blue sticker of some sort (which was presumably from the previous owner of the fridge). Just like Lydia to use her creativity to make something beautiful. Wise words from a wise woman.

"God knows no creed or color, they are all his children"

parc_coronation

This is the South East entrance to Coronation Park in Old St. Boniface (actually Norwood). This is very near the area of Winnipeg where I'd like to settle. An easy walk to "The Forks".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home