Monday, September 11, 2006

X 88 guitar DNA


guit_dna_smaller
Originally uploaded by radiancecreative.

This is a cropping of the photo taken of "Evelyn". It's a pattern / symbol / mental model which I have drawn and explored many many times since December 2005. I find it very beautiful so I continue to pursue it. It has transformed my guitar playing and never ceases to amaze me in it's simplicity and it's "key like" quality to unlocking deep complexities.

Meditating and contemplating this image is not a complex procedure like pouring over heaps of school material to get ready for an exam. It is in fact a most natural process and one that is connected to universal energy.

In my quest to effectively pass this beauty and grace on to others I am working to create a learning environment for students to explore these realities. To begin the journey I am suggesting a 3 part structure for implementation. As you will see, this is "mmm, mmm good".

1. Mental Models (theory)

2. Muscle Memory (excercise)

3. Making Music (performance)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home