Saturday, September 09, 2006

Faithful Evelyn


HPIM0883
Originally uploaded by radiancecreative.

Here is a picture of my little Toyota Tercel, Evelyn. She found me 2 years ago this month. It bears a small plaque of dedication which reads:

"This fine Toyota was especially prepared for Evelyn Sept 29th 1984"

Evelyn was reportedly a school teacher who received the car as a gift and drove it for nearly 20 years. I have used it primarily in my offering of music education in Edmonton and surrounding area.

I purchased it with a cheque from Fred Penner dated Sept 29th 2004, for playing bass for him at a few Alberta concerts.

$500.00 and all ll I've had to do is put a starter in it! So a toast to Evelyn the faithful! May she continue to find favour with me.

As you can see I've placed an ad on the side with the URL radiance.ca which for now is forwarded to this blog which for now contains nothing pretaining to the adHPIM0882

So if you are here at radiance.ca because you saw this car, don't fear, you are in the right place. This simple image and the mental models and theory behind it has revolutionized my experience on the guitar and this is the only place that I know of where you can learn more. So check back or send me an email


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is funny how gifts, as tangible acts of grace, can have profound impacts on our lives, and continue to shape our perceptions and thoughts well after the gift has been integrated into our lives. Perhaps it has to do with how a gift, which by definition, is unmerited, is connected to grace, which is also unmerited. So, perhaps one could say that your car, at least in this regard, reflects the very face of God. It is old wisdom that says that a wise man strives to live a life of gratefulness...

Matt

6:01 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

...but who's that sexy beast reflected in the window?

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home