Sunday, June 05, 2005

Organic Gardens in the postmodern matrix

Nice of some illusive friends to have dropped by for some cryptic replies. "Bogdan very happy". Ah "organic growth". At one point last year while in the throes of my evangelicalism foundational crumblings a line from a cockburn song became my mantra for a number of weeks.

"See them rising like grass through cement"

from "Santiago Sunrise"

This is such a powerful image and metaphor for growing pockets of community in this present age. The once smooth pavement of the modern age, including the smooth mechanized manouverings of the modern church are crumbling not from some outer force (as in a meteorite) but from beneath the surface. Grassroots are stubborn snarly mothers that attract soil and can literally crack and shatter hardened manmade structures and systems that are no longer effective or useful or that have even become abusive.

Taken from an ecological environmental perspective opens up yet another can of delicious earth worms.

Gotta dig in you own dirt man and grow up some good veggies and greens, cook up some transmodern stew. That's what I like about the "new man in office" where I'm hangin out. More on that later, but symbolically I opened his office door this morning and the aroma of slow cooked grub filled the gathering atmosphere. How many are aware of what's in store? I don't know but i know that this guy has been "stewing" for years and has some real good tasty stuff ready to unleash. There still seems to be so much "modern equipment" laying around and seems to me there is so little awareness of the organic nature of community. Anyways I digress and slide into my own sort of cryptic chatter.

All I can say for now as a hint of what's to come is: cooking, drumming, chanting and exploring new worlds and realms of possibilities. Not serving up old stale bread from a stale old era.

It is a new time. A fresh time.

later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home