Saturday, May 28, 2005

Tomorrow

yay, it's tomorrow so i can bloggy blog again. it's about 2:30 a.m. saturday. am i insane? i spent some time on whyte ave tonight (trying to find my daughter and friends) which i eventually did but in the meantime i walked around what's probably the most popular party street in Alberta.

was reminded again of some of the visions i've had and the sense of god's heart beat for the people in the area. perhaps it's the abundance of drugs and alcohol in people's systems but i find that folks are very easy to talk to.

at one point i came across a black man with sun glasses and a cheesy plaid suit. i glanced into the darkness of his shades and then kept walking. on my way back i saw him again. I'm a casual smoker (one or two a week) so i asked him for a cigarette. He obliged and then commented after having seen me the first time that i looked like a "hunter". like one who was "on the hunt". I told him I was hunting for my daughter. it's interesting how acutly he had observed my eyes and expression. I am on a hunt, and it's for more than my daughter.

Over the past year or so there have been various times in which i felt sort of "submerged" into the culture, or at least like God was giving me a sense of being planted. Having spent time in the homeless shelters (not as a client), pubs, restauants, parks, coffee shops and having become aware of other jesus followers who simply "be there" I am very comfortable and unafraid. Add to that the view of the fulfilled presence of god with mankind I hold great hope for societal transformation.

Of course "party night" isn't really the best time for engaging others in meaningful spiritual conversation. Other times of the day and week are more condusive to....oh dare i say it...dare i?...EVANGELISM.

Ah, now the title "tomorrow" really has meaning, for I will NOT tackle "that word I uttered" until.... "tomorrow, tomorrow, i love ya tomorrow you're only a day away."

night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home