Monday, October 31, 2005

DEEP GREEN


030906-produce-crop
Originally uploaded by radiancecreative.
I'm going to be playing weekly down at the farmer's market at Capilano Mall. If you go in the doors next to safeway you'll see a large vegatable stand. Just north of the greens is a galleria for artisans. This is where I will be between 10:30 and 12:30 every Saturday. Not only can you get your veggies but you can check out the huge selection of art, paintings, crafts, scultpture, carvings, drums, rocks, etc. (too much to list).

This is just one more step toward an organic immersive musical experience.

I've been enjoying one or two of the cable stations that we have now (special of 20 bucks a month cause I'm such a "valued long term shaw customer"). Music documentary/concert footage. A couple that have struck me were the special on George Clinton (Father of Funk) , and the Grateful Dead (Gerry Garcia,"the dead") of course for the extended improvisation and community aspect. The Funkadelic culture...well it's just facinating (and disturbing) to observe. Especially the "mother ship" descending...ha ha.

When I consider what kind of textures (fixtures, costumes props etc.) which I see developing around my music it's much more of an organic nature. Instead of stepping out of a space ship with massive sunglasses and glittery top coat I can see growing up from a lower earthy place in the room. hard to explain with out the help of an artist so I'll just leave it at that.

Anyways for organic tunes: saturday mornings / capliano mall / 10:30 to 12:30 . will be available for coffee / hanging somewhere in the middle of all that.

peace

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

I will see you there, but not this saturday as I work.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn it, I've been too busy on Saturdays to do this....will life ever slow down?

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home