Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Mix

So it was here in Quesnel just over 5 years ago that I first tuned my guitar to a natural harmonic. The "Just Third" set me off on a journey of discovery which is (in part) recorded here in this blog. It is indeed a "long and winding road". I was surprised that my old "original downloads" to the side are still working as we cancelled our shaw account when we sold our place in Winnipeg. I guess they're on a corner of one of shaw's servers and they've forgotten about it. Nice they still work anyhow.

My wife Debbie and I have been working on some original material here with friend and drummer Lyle Tribe. We have committed to maintaining an A4=432 standard with my guitars being a hybrid of ET and Just. The results in rehearsal are very good and I am excited to share this music live! I don't know of anyone out there doing exactly this: the combination of A432 and harmonic tuning all in a modern ensemble.

The windows version of GrovenMax has failed me on this ASUS laptop windows 7. David Code who helped create the software is going to try to separate the program from MAXMSP to possibly make it more windows 7 friendly. In the meantime, or maybe as a good alternative I'm using Proteus VX with it's tuning tables. The "Just C2 and C3" are modified to allow for certain chords. Probably works better than  GrovenMax as far as tuning with the guitars.

I also realized I had my soundfonts sitting on a portable drive so working with those too, just need to find a more reliable player for them.

My mind and heart are opening up in good ways here in BC. Debbie is from here and it's where we honeymooned. While in Alberta I felt very drawn here and always enjoyed our visits. Centering in Winnipeg for the time we did was a really good thing though it was not free of struggles.  As I continue writing here I'm actually trying to understand what the purpose of this post is. God knows many wonder about the significance or importance of ANY of my posts! But here I am writing! Music God Nature Location Relationships!

Other than soon to be recording and concerts this is one of my outlets to the world and serves a different purpose than Facebook. It's a blog I have not posted to for a while but I have not forgotten.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home