Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Clear Intentions - time to journal again

It's January 22nd 2008, really just over a month since we made the move to Manitoba. We've set up a house in Wolseley; 196 Evanson Street, and are settings up a creative space in St. Boniface; 416 Des Meurons. Each offer great creative and artisitc potential. Each space is requiring hours of time and money to make comfortable, useable, beautiful and viable.

Where we are right now is a result of our intentions. The "power of intention". I, however, have not always been great at making my intentions clear and have become muddled more than once. I want to choose this day to not shrink back from what I intend to do, but maybe more importantly and significantly, what is intended for me. That higher power, that Presence that moves and speaks, ever loving, ever promting, ever filling, endlessly creating! Creator of all may your intentions be fully met and fulfilled in this brief time that is my life. Really it's in the cultivating of that organic connection to creative energy that determines the results.

We are almost completely unpacked. Our back yard at Evanson is full of empty boxes. Even Des Meurons is getting there, but no matter how many physical boxes are emptied, the contents put in their place, there is so much unpacking to be done, so many dreams and intentions left to find their way to the surface and become usefull. hmm "useful" one L or two?

I'm thinking of Tim King down at "Presence" and his series of "Daily Downloads", a sort of live journal/teaching/meditative thing that gave voice to his intentions and heart. I remember how that touched me and gave me a sense of Presence throughout that leg of the journey. I suppose in my case, as a song writing musician it's more in the music in terms of communication, but I feel the need to raise my voice again in other ways, to try to make those intentions clear. Sort of the reason I began blogging a few years back. Some may argue that my blogging style is anything but clear...It's true I've felt so displaced and without a home for my ideas and my music that it often turns into talk. But as my zen guitar screen saver reminds me "Talk is one thing, Action is another". But in order to take proper action there must first be the proper words and language.

We're getting a "blower test" done today by Manitoba Hydro, we'll find out how to make this 100 year old house more energy effecient. Maybe that's what God is doing with me right now...blowing over my being to find out where I'm leaking so I can hold more of Him and be that intended blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home